QLD Digital Grants Program 2017 - Round 3
Round 3 for the queensland small businesses digital grants program is now open, and closes on 24 October 2017 at 5pm.
What is the “Small Businesses Digital Grant”?
The Small Business Digital Grants Program has been developed to provide small businesses in Queensland with the much needed access to technologies and services that will help them to be successful in a competitive digital environment.
The grant will match funding up to $10,000 (excluding GST) for eligible businesses.
When applying for this grant, your business will need to show that the digital service and/or technology that you are looking to invest in and/or adopt, will:
- Help your business be more competitive;
- Enhance the digital capabilities of your business;
- Employ additional staff now or in the future.
The Queensland Government have disclosed their objectives for the program:
- Assist small businesses to access the latest digital technologies to increase their productivity and competitiveness;
- Enable small businesses to employ more staff and grow;
- Provide access to training that will allow small businesses to use new technologies more effectively; and
- Enable regional small businesses to expand their market reach through greater online presence
assist small businesses to work smarter, be more innovative and work fewer hours.
Is this worth my time?
It sure is! The Queensland State Government is willing to match funding up to $10,000 for the purchase of digital marketing services, software, websites and hardware.
This gives you and your business the opportunity to put it towards any combination of digital tactics that you may be wanting to trial, for half the risk! This digital grants program gives you the opportunity to help test any ideas you may have and open new channels to increase the amount quality traffic to your business.
How do I know whether my business is eligible?
Here are some things you’ll need to know before you apply for your grant:
- Have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Business operations must run from a Queensland headquarters or operate predominantly within Queensland
- Have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months
- Declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
- You can expect to receive a decision within two months after you lodge your application.
- You must not begin or pay for the product or service, in part or in full, until you receive the approval letter. This is to ensure that you have confirmation that the project has been approved before starting your new campaign.
- The Office of Small Business (OSB) will also carry out random audits of a sample of applications to ensure that the information provided is true and correct.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be prioritised on:
- The impact the digital technology or service will have on the business (measured by revenue growth, cost savings, time savings, employment outcomes)
- The extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- The potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- Value for money.
For further information about the program and application process, refer to the application guidelines or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
How to apply
Round 3 is NOW OPEN and closes on 24 October 2017 at 5pm.
Contact Us today and let us assist you with your application.